Early Bird beats the Heat!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NordicSplitter

Minister of Fire
May 22, 2011
Western,NY
My neighbors thought I was crazy back in March & April when I was cutting & splitting like a mad man. Well, temps today and tomorrow will be in the 90's with high humidity. Sure glad I was a mad man a few months ago. Just sit back and watch the stacks bake out in the heat!

fence 001.jpgfence 002.jpg Yep just sitting round watching the stacks dry, Mid 90's around here also. This is about 1/2 at this location

It's in the nineties here for a few days also. Kind of like having a sun-powered backyard kiln drier for the stacks. The end grain checking on the splits sure gets more noticeable after days like these, mostly with green wood.

Reactions: dzych2
90 + here today so no firewood work. I have 4 loads to split and they will wait until next week when it's cooler.

Looks like I'll start back up on Saturday, it might be a good night for a dip in the brook.

zap

dzych2, good job. Nobody around here bats an eye when wood's getting cut, but if they saw my firewood stacks, they'd think I was a seller.
It's been raining and pretty warm here for a few days, but when the sun comes out, the wood just bakes. Those are the days I take a walk to the stacks and get my firewood fix.:cool:

I finally finished all my splitting on June 10th. A lot later than normal. Have about an hours worth of stacking to do and just can't bring myself to fooling with it.
I have 3 bundles of slabs to chop up yet but no rush there.

It was 96 home yesterday, going to reach 100 today. But the humidity is 85%, so does that mean my wood will be steam dried?::-)

71F here with a nice NW breeze and low humidity. Say what you want about all the snow and cold we get up here in winter (altho the last few winters have seen little snow), but we seldom get more than a few days all summer where temps get near 90F. I don't think I could handle that kind of heat and humidity.... Stay cool and keep hydrated guys , and leave the wood alone for a while ...LOL

71F here with a nice NW breeze and low humidity. Say what you want about all the snow and cold we get up here in winter (altho the last few winters have seen little snow), but we seldom get more than a few days all summer where temps get near 90F. I don't think I could handle that kind of heat and humidity.... Stay cool and keep hydrated guys , and leave the wood alone for a while ...LOL
Oh shut up. P.S., I am moving up there ASAP.:p

Before you rush up there (MIch, UP) you might want to know that it does get a might chilly and kinda white all over in them parts. Anything over 50 degs. is a heat wave. Over 70 is the wrath of God.

Before you rush up there (MIch, UP) you might want to know that it does get a might chilly and kinda white all over in them parts. Anything over 50 degs. is a heat wave. Over 70 is the wrath of God.
My kind of weather! Everyone here panics when they see one snowflake, They cry about winter all the time. Fall is my favorite season, but winter is my second favorite. The more snow, the better!

im sitting here debating getting a load today or not...90 here...but theres a maple tree down in a mans yard that would be easy to get..and its all mine if i get it before saturday..i work fri and sat ......ive got plenty of wood..but its still tempting

im sitting here debating getting a load today or not...90 here...but theres a maple tree down in a mans yard that would be easy to get..and its all mine if i get it before saturday..i work fri and sat ......ive got plenty of wood..but its still tempting
I say go for it, if there is a deadline. Money in the bank

My kind of weather! Everyone here panics when they see one snowflake, They cry about winter all the time. Fall is my favorite season, but winter is my second favorite. The more snow, the better!

A pleasant 52F this morning. I was tempted to go buzz up about 2 cords of white birch logs I've got down but decided to wait a few more days. Supposed to be only in the 60's a few days next week, so likely down into the 40's at night. Get up early and get it done before the sun and bugs are out. Deer flies are out here right now, but not as bad as in years past.

Supposed to be very pleasant for the next week or so with highs only in the upper 60's - low 70's . Great sleeping and beer drinking weather . :)

Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.