Early Christmas Present

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deck2

Burning Hunk
Aug 1, 2008
Adirondack Foothills, NY
We got him last Saturday, White(yellow) Lab he is 8 weeks old today. We have a 9yr old and a 6yr old boys that just adore their first dog!! And I gotta admit that I really enjoy him too! Hopefully he will become my wood cutting and splitting buddy!!

Right now he loves to play with the boys and hopefully will grow up to be like his Dad-about 100# and big english style Lab (big block head and shoulders)

Attachments

• Cody's 1st Day home.jpg
    Cody's 1st Day home.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 578
Love "Yellow Labs." We have two of em!! (Sisters) Teach it "STAY DOWN!!"

-Soupy1957

I love yellow labs. To me the lab is about the smartest dog there is. Great around kids too but he will still latch onto you and make a great companion.

We named him Cody, He is a real piece of work! He is training me well, I have been rewarding him with a treat when he does his business outside, so when ever he goes outside and comes back to the door he expects a treat, he will just sit in front of the door and stare at me until I either pick him up or give him a treat, I think I almost have it figuared out :roll:

deck2 said:
j-takeman said:
Sounds like Cody has you trained pretty well! :)

He likes shoes, to be exact my wifes shoes and slippers!! I am really trying to break him of that.

We just ended up giving ours one pair of my older running shoes while she was teething. Put the rest of them out of harms way. She doesn't chew much anymore.

Very cute.

deck2 said:
We named him Cody, He is a real piece of work! He is training me well, I have been rewarding him with a treat when he does his business outside, so when ever he goes outside and comes back to the door he expects a treat, he will just sit in front of the door and stare at me until I either pick him up or give him a treat, I think I almost have it figuared out :roll:

Ha! Nice! I have one that I swear goes out and fakes it sometimes just to get herself a cookie

Very nice looking dog. Your boys will remember this time for ever. I have two labs the oldest 10 years and the youngest we just got 4 weeks ago. Just be consistent with the training and you will be rewarded. Labs like all dogs like to please, enjoy your new friend. Here is a pic of my two. Dave.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 373
Oh he's gonna be a big boy alright! He's a great lookin pup.. And labs are great firewood helpers. Although sometimes they like to run off with the splits lol.

Random%20049.jpg

Or stand behin ya runnin a saw.

Random%20045.jpg

Good luck with the pup. Ours turned 7 last month.
DSC05897.jpg

OMG CUTE LITTLE BABY BEAR PUPPY!!! Look at his little face!!

You are KILLING ME. I wanted to get a dog for Christmas for my daughter SO BAD this year, but alas, it didn't work out. Maybe for her birthday. =P I LOVE retrievers of all sorts, they are such great family dogs.

I have to get a dog to sleep in front of my wood stove, no?

~Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.