Early Christmas present

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

red oak

Minister of Fire
Sep 7, 2011
northwest Virginia
Kids gave me a great present yesterday - told me they want to come with me when I cut wood in the National Forest! Now we're trying to get the wife to come too! It'll be nice to have help out there and not be by myself! Will post pics of our first load (hopefully next week). I'm not sure what I will actually get on Christmas but I already know this is one of my favorite gifts!

Great! Some of my best times this year have been when my girls and wife helped me stack. Cherish the time.

fv

Fantastic! Take along a super cedar and get a fire going. That will make it even more special. As a family we used to regularly take along bannock and/or hot dogs, etc. Wife even took along her tea. The boys and I opted for other beverages.

Absolutely - my 8 year old boy and 5 year old girl are getting into helping me stack now and they like it! I love spending the time with them and teaching them some skills. My son just started learning how to swing the Fiskars, under very close supervision! My 2 year old boy just like fire right now, but that a darn good start! Cheers!

Will be good family memories
My kid still bring up cutting & stacking wood, now the grand kids like to help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.