Early HOT pellet burns?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stillersnut

Sep 14, 2009
south central pa.
First burn, just had to try a fresh bag of somersets. Wow, I haven't been able to score these for a few years. I must say that I am more impressed than the last time I burned them. Lowes has them for $197 ton, what a deal! Temp on med. hit my all time high, 328 deg. previous was hammers @ 315 deg. Great flame, clean oak smell equals me picking up another ton tomorrow! Bring on winter. Any one else getting great early pellet burn??

I have 4 tons of somersets and getting one more soon ..

Traded a buddy of mine yesterday. 1 ton of Somersets, for 1 ton of assorted pellets from me (half ton was Easy Heats and the other half ton was split half Green labels and half Presto's)

Somersets have long been my favorite. One of the best pellets in my area. Hottest pellet in town.

Status
Not open for further replies.