Early morning find

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ISeeDeadBTUs

The dog drags me out too early for my phone to take a decent pic, but I think you'll get the idea. Seems like for every 6 or 7 Aspen the wind takes down, it gives me one Ash. The woods are still VERY wet, and I'd like to avoid putting the chains on this year, so this may be tricky. And now the 'cast is calling for rain tomorrow, so it should be interesting this weekend.

Oh, by the by, my SWAG is somewhere ~ 1/2 cord in the Ash :)

Jimbo

Attachments

• Ash.jpg
    Ash.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 396
Nice find.. it looks like most of it is off the ground so you should be all set even if you have to wait. I find some like this out there and not rot at all even a year later.

Early bird gets the worm....Coulpe more runs and I will have next year in the bag.

Jimbo, those are nice ones to cut! I'd wait until the snow gets off before cutting if possible. Will we get much snow this year? I don't think so but we'll see.

Nothing like a nice Ash. Especially when it is laying there waiting for you. Nice find DeadBtus.

Status
Not open for further replies.