Early spring again

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been record breaking soggy here too. I took advantage of a dry day with sunbreaks figuring I don't know when that will happen again.

And now your moment of Zen. Cell phone shot from this morning on a walk. Click to enlarge.
IMAG1705web.jpg

Mt Rainier. At 14,417ft it's the tallest in the continental US. Another shot with a telephoto lens and one from on the water. It's a big mountain.

IMG_2308web.jpg DSC00105web.jpg
To the north there is another dormant volcano, Mt. Baker. It's a little guy at 10,781ft. This is what it looks like from our porch, about 90 miles away. Seattle is in the foreground 25 miles away.
DSC00118web.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: CaptSpiff
I grew up back east where a mountain was 3000 ft.

You don't realize how much the east sucks till you do some traveling.

I don't know what you mean by early spring 'again'. It wasn't an early spring for me last year. I had 4' of snow on the ground in March.

We've had early starts to spring for a couple years in a row now. This is a plum blossoming early March last year.
IMG_2051.JPG

20 F and raining here today. I'd post a picture, but I'm sure you all know what a glazed donut looks like...

Looks like we are finally getting more than a one day dry spell. Next week is supposed to be sunny and in the 60's. Looks like we will finally be able to get out in the garden and do something besides weeding.

Looks like some weird cool weather for the midwest and some of the northeast. I think Polar Vortex is the term they are using. 15- 30F under normal temps for a little while.

Temperatures dropping by next weekend ... 30F/-1C for daytime highs. Mix of snow and rain slated for Wednesday ... my preference is either snow or rain. The combination usually leads to accidents:(

My kids are coming back from Thailand where it is 84F/29C today;hm Somehow, I don't think they'll be happy with the weather back in Canada;lol

Reactions: Swedishchef
I mowed the yard yesterday...again. It was my second mowing. Planted the garden this morning.

It's a great relief to see this high building over western WA. Soil is finally starting to dry out. We didn't have a fire today and probably won't at least until the weekend?

Some spring colors
DSC00183web.jpg DSC00192web.jpg DSC00199web.jpgDSC00205web.jpg

Reactions: Swedishchef
Was 72 on friday, snowing on sunday in bright sunshine, first time i ever saw that in 60 yrs.

Sat 3" in the morning mostly melted or got rain off by 1 pm went to the store cross town around 3 pm. 1 /2 way there arctic whiteout for a good 5 miles then broke out of it into bright sunshine. Sat night about 19 deg. so Sun. started out cold but was 62 deg by 2pm. Temp dropped overnight 20 something this morning High around 30 currently light snow showers. Might get back to 50 by the weekend.

Having a garden now is cruel of you people out west and down south... I won't have one for two more months.

Currently 0 f nighttime and low 20s f daytime...

I'm not a fan of warm weather. I was pulling weeds tonight and the mosquitoes are already bad. On the news they're calling for 78° Thursday and making it sound like a good thing. Makes me want to barf. If it's 78 in early April, what's it gonna be like in July?

The spring color here is white. It's pretty darn cold also. I thought I was going to have a problem burning all of my punky and odd-shaped wood before summer, but it'll all go and some of the good stuff too.
DSC02418.JPG DSC02420.JPG

Warming up, slowly but surely here.
DSC00183web.jpg DSC00192web.jpg DSC00199web.jpg DSC00205web.jpg IMAG1794web.jpg

Asparagus have started popping up too.
DSC00210web.jpg

I have potatoes, garlic, and onions coming up in the garden already.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.