Earth 1001HT to a Quad 3100...Talk me out of it??? Talk me into it!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moriver

Dec 16, 2010
Central Missouri
$1427 initial cost minus $400 rebate and a 20-30% increase in efficiency, is it worth trading up? Will the new timer gizmo, longer burn times, 1/4 to 1/3 less wood, that new stove smell be worth the $600?? I say yes, but I can talk myself into things sometimes. Less wood is less chain saw chains, less gas, less trips to the wood pile. On the other hand, I like my Earth Stove's deep ash bed that hold about 5 gallons of ash, the handle that hangs down, big fire box, and well... I'm kind of attached to that stove. Talk me out of it! Raise questions for me to think about. Talk me into it! I'm all ears. What haven't I thought about??

Status
Not open for further replies.