EARTH HOUR TONIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if I'd find anything in here about it. It's amazing what it all adds up to if (most) everyone chips in a little...

Wasn't difficult at all for us tonight, it was bedtime for the kids, so no need for power, we made it like a camp out! And it's cool enough tonight that we can have a fire down here! %-P

I was at a friend's house that evening, we were having a birthday potluck party for another friend. The woman hosting had also heard about Earth hour, which I brought up, having heard about it only earlier that day from hubby. So we did the candlelight thing for that hour. Made it a wee bit hard to read the birthday cards, but we managed. Were afraid we would set some tissue paper around gifts on fire, but avoided that. Of course my hosting friend kind of ruined the energy saving angle by serving us on paper plates with matching paper napkins and plastic disposable cups. Me, I have never understood the concept of buying things to throw away real soon.

Candles clearly take some power to make, but we certainly had much dimmer light than normal, so I am sure we saved some energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.