Earth Stove 100 series Door Gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crabby

Nov 13, 2007
Ohio
Does anyone had any problems with door gasket for and Earth Stove 100 series, or another style Earth Stove. The gasket on it before was something that look like fiberglass insulation that you would put in your house but white. it worked ok but I think it was leaking at the bottom of the door because there was a small opening. So this weekend I took that out and went to put at new rope gasket on and it was 5/8" thick, thought would work great...nope. Door shut and still didn't seal, so i went and got 1/2" put in on first and put the 5/8" on top of that. I haven't started burning yet but I am just hoping it would seal. I was wondering if anyone has had that problem and what did you do to fix it. Or is there any better ideas out there. I mean the door shuts tight now, but I won't know till I get a small fire started to test it. Thanks

when I replaced mine I went with 1 1/4" rope gasket bought from a stove shop. we took the door in and tried a lot of different sizes and 1 1/4" worked great for us.

Cool, i just looked up on Google and the only thing i found on 1 1/4" Rope was a store that said especially for Earth stove and it was 65 dollars. You think maybe somewhere else it would be a lot cheeper than that. I mean i only spent 10 dollars at TSC for the rope i bought saturday

local stove shop sold it for about $4 a foot and it needed @5 foot it was around $20 a couple years ago.
Do you have a local stove shop? Sometimes they are better then the Internet.
How much are they sending you for $65 is it the whole roll? because that seams high @ $11 a foot.
Yes all of your normal sizes are cheaper because of competition, no box store is going to carry rope gasket that they might sell 5 foot of every few years.

yeah it was in a big role I don't know of any around me, i acutally thought about opening up a store because there is none around here. I will have to do more looking. I might just leave mine doubled up if it works.

well if it the whole big roll then that may not be a bad price as it only takes @ 5 feet for the door and I do not think that stuff goes bad. If there is at least 20 feet on that roll you will be money ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.