Earth stove 3000

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattones

Nov 25, 2014
Ontario
Hello everyone I am new to the forum and was told about this forum through another online forum

I bought a 100+ year old house two years ago which runs off propane. It can get pricey as we all know. The house is chilly. This past summer I did a lot of work to help keep the heat In. The previous owner had a stove in the basement and took it with him. I recently picked up a free Earth Stove 3000 series. It looks to be in great shape. Ill post pictures for you guys to judge if it actually is.

I have a few questions about it.

- Behind the stove is a rectangle most stoves I have seen all have been circular. Is this still up to code and fine?

- Inside the stove has these two small pipes coming in from the back.. are they for air flow?

You can see where the owner had his stove. I assume ill have to modify it to fit this or another wood stove.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You will need an adapter to go from the rectangle to round.
Yes - the two pipes are for air.
Need more info on the pipe and positioning of the stove. What are you dumping into - chimney or a pipe run? Size?

I have a stove just about like that. I have converted it into a paper/box/splitter trash burner outside. I also attempted to make a pool heater with it with marginal success.

Status
Not open for further replies.