Earth Stove BV400

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

CodyC

Dec 18, 2020
West Virginia
Hey guys I’m hoping you can help me out. I purchased a used Earth Stove BV400 fireplace insert. I should’ve done more research before purchasing but hindsight is 20/20. Turns out it was missing the Catalytic Combustor. I purchased a new one, but it didn’t come with the metal 3 sided can that I saw in a YouTube video. The combuster apparently is supposed to go in this can.

My question is, does anyone know where I can find this can, do I need the can, and is it unsafe to use the stove without a combuster while I search for all the right parts?

The cat I got is the 3434 from Sand Hill Wholesale. It already has the gasket wrapped around it.

Really the install wasn’t hard except for finding an offset adapter. I finally found an 8” one online at Fireside Chimney Supply out of Michigan. They were super helpful and I highly recommend checking them out for all of your needs. Once I got the adapter hooked up and the insert in the fireplace the chimney pipe set right down in the adapter.Unfortunately, it was afterwards that I realized there was no cat.

This is the cat I purchased.

Attachments

• E37B67D9-16C8-4E1B-8F61-5573D9DB26E5.png
    E37B67D9-16C8-4E1B-8F61-5573D9DB26E5.png
    312.6 KB · Views: 127