1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
  1. bellastina218

bellastina218 New Member

Can anyone help me indentify this model of The Earth Stove? All the Earth Stoves I find on the internet has a different pattern on the front. Can you tell me about it and how much I could hopefully sell it for?

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Yep - it is the exact same model I use outside to burn cardboard and paper. I can't tell you the model number.;lol

Mine was given to me for free. They are a cavernous stove with an angry appetite. Using 8" stove pipe they are also pricey to get plumbed in unless you already have an 8" setup. I would venture a guess at $200-250 around these parts.

And welcome to the forum. Are you simply selling the stove, or are you interested in burning wood for heat?

ETA - It appears to be an Earth Stove 100 series. Here is an online PDF of the manual.
    http://hearth.com/images/uploads/Earthstove100_manual.PDF
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  3. bellastina218

bellastina218 New Member

We are getting a gas stove installed so we're looking at selling it. It's in pretty decent shape, inside is a bit rusty. We've never used it and I don't know when the last time it was used.
  4. Jags

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Got it. Be aware - the PDF manual that I linked to above is for the 101/105 series. Similar but not exactly the same.
  5. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    I recall a friend having one in Walla Walla in the late 70's. It is a wood eating beast, but can deliver a lot of heat. If it's in decent condition ask $2-300 OBO.
  6. bellastina218

bellastina218 New Member

Thank you very much for all the info! It will help greatly with getting it sold! Is there a website that can get it sold faster or can craigslist or ebay do?
  7. Jags

Loc:
    Northern IL
    C-list and ebay are a couple of common goto places. Also, if your area has a "shopper" type paper, that might also work for you.
  8. bellastina218

bellastina218 New Member

Ok, thanks for all the help! I really appreciate it! :)