Earth Stove Information Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

restorer

Aug 16, 2006
Salt Lake City, Utah
Ok, I have made a commitment to help someone with his stove. He's going to sell it, because it's ugly.... If you want to understand check my latest post in the green room. Any information will help, as I am stumped.
The stove is the drop down door type stove with cheesy catches and a bad gasket seal design. I went all over the stove and couldn't find a manual damper control, I did find what looks to be a secondary air inlet at the back of the stove, but it's more like a damper, open or shut. The firebox is about 3 cu. ft. That's my guess. At first I thought it had a blower, but closer inspection suggests that all air intake is controlled by a high-medium-low switch and no blower. The exhaust from the fire box is a 3 X 5 (guess) openning at the bottom rear into a tube with a secondary air inlet. My thought is this is some kind of secondary air/secondary burn system. Heavy tube extends up the back of the stove with a heat shield on both sides. Flue is 8 inches.

What is really unusual is the stove is plumbed for water. It has a inlet and outlet connector on the back that is 3/4 inch, I think, and a folded type coil at the rear of the firebox. There are NO manual controls. I mean you can open the door, and open a draft diverter, but the plug runs everything else.

There is a sticker on the back, near the bottom and almost impossible to see. I don't think it's an EPA certification, but I think it is a diagram of distance from combustibles.

The stove has been used very little, but has not been plumbed or used as intended for supplemental water heating..

Any information or advise would be appreciated. I have no pics, and can not get them, but looks like most other Earth Stoves with the drop down door.

Status
Not open for further replies.