Earth Stove manual and parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Den-Den

Nov 8, 2008
WI
Hi,
I searched for anything Earth Stove and found it to be an old pellet stove. This after I purchased a used Earth Stove Model WP 50 today. It seems the three speed setting switch has all three settings the same HIGH. I was wondering if anyone had a manual on this dinosaur and willingness to help me slow down the auger speed. I suspect the circuit board switch but have not dug out volt ohm meter to check switch out yet tonight. It seems to work fine other the the auger runs all the time and switching from low to full doesn't change a thing. Also what is the 15 second on/off light signify? The board model # is OII 500S if that helps.
Thanks for your help.
Den-Den

I also have one.... which up until yesterday had been working fine...
the board has 3 triacs on it I am thinking your problem is the auger feed one is
shorted on.... looking at mine I have found a lable of the board manufacture of
Ortech inc, po box 5668, aloha Oregon, 97006 I am still trying to find their web site...

Hope this helps...
JR

updated info... I have emailed them on cost and repair of the board...
I will update info when I get it...

For business inquiries, please feel free to contact us:

Email:
[email protected]

Telephone:

Fax:

Mailing Address:
Ortech Controls, Inc.
4554 9th Avenue NE, #130
Seattle, WA 98105-1734

update number 2....

this is what I recieved from the manufacture.....

As this is a discontinued controller there are no replacements and a few of the parts are no longer available. If you would like for us to repair your controller, we charge a $60.00 non-refundable evaluation fee and an additional $60.00 for the repairs, if your controller is repairable. There will also be a $10.00 shipping and handling fee.

If you would like for us to try and repair your controller, please contact me again and I will issue you a return authorization number.

Thank you,

Brian Long
Ortech Controls
Tel: 206-633-7914
Fax: 206-633-7929
http://www.ortechcontrols.com/

Firestarter, I purchased this pellet stove several years ago and still have it. I also believe I still have the manual if you want me to make you a copy. Mine stopped working at the end of last winter and I tried getting information on it back then but found very little. I came across this post when I was again looking to get it fixed and its not looking good as I think my control panel may be the culprit.

Let me know if you want the manual as I can make a copy as a .pdf file if you like.

Phone Lennox and they will send you a copy or a pdf file if the have it.

Firestarter, the manual I have is for the HP40 which is the insert model of the WP50. The control board and how it works is identical but the installation is different obviously. I will email the .pdf to you regardless and you can read about it.

I have a pdf file of the manual for WP50 if someone needs it?
I am looking for a top plate cover and a starter pipe to make mine a bottom breach any help will be greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.