earth stove tp440 room blower issue - overhating

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whiskeynipple

Mar 9, 2011
MD
I have a earth stove TP440 which I just replaced the room air blower motor in.
At first the motor was cutting off on its own (didnt know what was causing it until...) eventually is seezed up. (yes I checked the manual - it said never have to oil them...B.S.) So I bought a new fasco d132 as per the replacement for the 15007 motor part number that was in there.
the issue:
the new motor is getting very hot - and it is not blowing much air - its like its on low all the time - when I turn up the rheostat it just hums louder - not more air.
could there be something that caused the old motor to go up and is doing the same to this one?

thanks

well I think I know the problem - the old motor was .9 amps and the new one is 1.8 amps
that sucks I thought this was just a new part number as stated on the fasco site not a different motor.

any suggestions? (other then buy another motor)

thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.