Earth Stove worth?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lc2006

Jan 19, 2015
Alabama
Have an Earth Stove model ES-2CV, input BTU/HR burner 26,500 natural gas. In beige. It was in a home that I purchased and really don't know how much to sell it for. I am eager to find it another home.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 252
Well, its bvent I think, looks pretty. If it works fine I'd ask $450 and take $300-350. Now is the time to sell. I am assuming you wont be replacing it with a b vent stove, so make sure your ad mentions that it includes the pipe.

Well, its bvent I think, looks pretty. If it works fine I'd ask $450 and take $300-350. Now is the time to sell. I am assuming you wont be replacing it with a b vent stove, so make sure your ad mentions that it includes the pipe.
Thank you so much for your help. I originally thought it was b vent, but it is a direct. There is a chimney on the house that it vents up and out to. We are wanting to sell it to eventually replace with something more modern.

Last edited:
I could swear that is a 4" bvent coming up from behind that stove. How are you sure its direct vent? Or maybe I'm missing something and Dak will straighten me out

Well...maybe I am confused. This is what it looks like. And the label on the back side.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 164
It says it conforms to a direct vent code, but man, that doesn't look like a direct vent pipe system to me. It looks like what we used to do with old b vent flues, cover them in black stove pipe and paint to match stove. Whats coming out of the top of your chimney?

Reactions: lc2006 and DAKSY
Regardless of what the rating plate indicates, that IS a B-Vent unit.
The ANS Z21.44B -1987 Standard is for gas-fired gravity (aka B-Vent) and fan type direct vent wall furnaces.
You are correct Frank.

Reactions: Fsappo
Thank you for verifying. We've never had anything like this. We will eventually put a gas log wall unit in to look like a fireplace.

Thank you for verifying. We've never had anything like this. We will eventually put a gas log wall unit in to look like a fireplace.

But that's down the road, so for now just plug the hole in the wall? Get back on Hearth.com well before you decide to put a gas fireplace in. Post the photos of the wall and chimney. It may not be as easy as setting a direct vent gas fireplace there and venting into that chimney. forget "may not", it wont. But we will find a way!

Status
Not open for further replies.