Earthquake in New England..my stove is fine.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

Just thinking of firing up the pellet stove and bang the sofa with me and the mrs started shaking like crazy!

At first I thought the massage motors were acting up and going into hypo drive!

Should have been up here.
I'm sure.....my Maine peeps are really chirping on Facebook Facebook is wild as is most social media

Definitely felt it too!

Didnt feel it in Ct, either i was drunk at the time..............

Reactions: LMPS
Felt it here in Bath, Maine. Thought I did something wrong with the stove there for a few seconds...

Reactions: hilbiliarkiboi
West-central NH - sounded like a chopper was about to land on the house, lol.

Shook my house here!

Shook the helk out of the house.
It was a good one.

Shook the whole house and was loud. Cool stuff.

Never felt it in Littleton NH, but daughter at UNH Durham felt it.

Tom C.

Quite a rumbling here in Western Maine. Everybody new something was "a shaken"

Was in hot tub with wife, after we got out she heard on facebook that it was felt down here along the shore.

Was in hot tub with wife...
bow chicka wow wow

We had a earthquake close by here too it was pretty major. something like 1.5 :p

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...-cause-of-wisconsin-towns-annoying-booms?lite

Some locals mourning their losses-
thm_php1iupRc.jpg

Reactions: Northwoodneil
I don't think I felt it up here in Bangor, but I have a freight rail line that runs about 40-50 feet from the house, so I don't think I would have thought much of it if I did feel it.

I don't think I felt it up here in Bangor, but I have a freight rail line that runs about 40-50 feet from the house, so I don't think I would have thought much of it if I did feel it.

That's about what it felt like.

Here in Bath it sounded like there was a crowd of people on our roof all running around...

Status
Not open for further replies.