Easiest Score(s)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chazcarr

Minister of Fire
Jan 22, 2012
Southbury, CT
Sometimes being known as the neighborhood wood freak has its advantages. My next door neighbor had this huge maple (I think) cut down yesterday. He told the tree guys to leave the wood because he knew I would take it (and it saved him money).

So all I had to do was roll these logs across the driveway. While doing so another neighbor (backyard) walked by and told me he is having a tree down and will have them leave the wood as long as I take it away before it snows. Then the guy who lives up the hill just brought his pick-up down and threw about a third of a cord of logs onto my log pile. You can see them in the first pic. He didn't ask or anything, just did it, not that I'm complaining.

Here are some pics of the big tree logs I got:
newwood1.jpg
newwood2.jpg
newwood3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.