Easiest Way.....Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CodyWayne718

Feeling the Heat
Dec 11, 2009
Kentucky
Easiest way to remove insert to clean liner other than sliding it around an scratchin all kinds of stuff......or can it be cleaned from the top still attatched to the insert......jus tryin to brainstorm a little. Even thou my insert right now is rather small, its still a bear to move in an out of my fireplace. Thanks in advance

You can clean from the top. Most baffles will slide forward, even if just a few inches. You can shop vac to get anything that falls on top.
If you decide to move the stove, try 1/2" pvc pipe - either parallel to the front and roll it, or perp and it should slide on the pipe rails.

It should be a simple matter of removing a few bricks, but I understand some stoves don't have that setup. My Lopi has a bypass so I dont' have to but to do it is no big deal.

On page 15 of your manual, looks like you have three air tubes at the top of the firebox.
These usually have a small roll pin or metal clip on one side, you should be able to remove the roll pin to get the air tubes out.
Once this is done, it looks like you have a front and rear baffle that rests above the air tubes, followed by a fiber blanket.....not sure of your specific model, but these should just lift up and out, and then you should have a clean shot to your liner.

http://content.vogelzang.com/Inst/tr004.pdf

Thanks y'all and dave, I never thought to look at all that, I've miss placed my manual. Time for the plunge on a 32 or 40 fot ext ladder!

Status
Not open for further replies.