East coast to West coast- are old Blaze King Baby really that hard to find? Also- plain concrete bl

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been looking for several years for a BK Baby- have posted here, called stores troughout the west- nobody sees them anymore. Are they really that rare?
Also- my main chimney- I THINK it is concrete block only- no liner, but I am not sure- I can't get on the roof. Would a plain concrete block chimney be possible/safe? TIA

The house i bought in colorado a year and a half ago has a concrete block liner. actually both flues are that material. the former owner had a 5 foot tall by 4 foot wide cooking stove dumping into the upstairs flue. They took it with em when they moved out. Needless to say both are now lined with 6" flex king. Took forever to clean all the creosote out of the flue before the liner could go in.House was built in 83 and the owner was a general contractor and built it himself. According to the city inspector the came out they used to be approved. The block deteriorates quickly however when subjected to heat/cooling cycles. would sugest highly that you have the chimmeny inspected and then lined for safety.

Try Home Hardware (Canada). You can order them in any store (ok, stores in BC and Alberta). But your going to get screwed on exchange with your weak dollar.

Have a local dealer order one for you, they only take a couple of days to arrive.

I agree with the others, put a liner in.

ilmbg said:
dnf- I looked at the site and didn't find any Blaze King- Baby or other. Are you certain?

I have never looked at the website. I have seen them in the store....

There are in the Kootenays, and at least one one store in Calgary (cause I have been in only one Home Hardware in Alberta).

Status
Not open for further replies.