Eastern U.S. to bask in unusually warm conditions to start November

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have usually, (ready for the tomatos thrown), switched to coal by now for the less maintenance and tending. Have three tons in basement. Still burning free wood and lovin it.>>:cool:::-)

MERRY CHRISTMAS folks?!?
upload_2015-12-2_11-47-38.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm loving this. 40's and 50's through the first week in December!

Last year, it was 35 degrees this day with a low of 12F at night.

I'm loving this. 40's and 50's through the first week in December!

Last year, it was 35 degrees this day with a low of 12F at night.

Not me.. Its in the 50s and 60s up here and might stay that way through Christmas. At this rate I may have to un- winterise the lawnmower and drag it out again. My son got a tick last week. Hanging Christmas lights in a tee shirt is just wrong.

50's this weekend. Going to be nice this week, cooler this comming weekend and then back up to 50's for Christmas week.

Loving it! I'm doing a fire at night and then letting it die out in the morning.

I was out hiking this weekend in the white mountains of NH on Mts Willey Field and Tom all around 4000 feet. There was bit of snow ont he ground and ice in the shade. I switched over to shorts once I got out of the shade and kept them on util I got back to my car. Third weekend in row I have been able to wear shorts for at part of my hike.

It can be little tricky burning the stove in this ~40 degree weather, but after seeing recent pictures of Wyoming, it brought back images of last February here and I'm not going to complain.

I am not sure but I think I have not burned any wood this month, or if I did, it was 2 or 3 kindling fires at the very beginning of the month... Wow! Heat pump has taken care of everything. Tonight and tomorrow night look like they will be woodstove-worthy nights though, low of 28F and 25F respectively.

Yeah, two days of cool weather and then shooting right back up into the fifties and sixties. So much for winter activities! Might as well go right back to spring at this point!

I mean, I wouldn't mind early spring! Nice weather to buck & split the 8 trees I felled at my dad's last week... and more fuel for next year!

We might a *dusting* this weekend. This area is pushing for the latest
measurable snowfall since the national weather service started keeping
records in the 1880s. I am NOT complaining. Rode the 14 Wethead to work
this AM & listened to Christmas Carols... 41::Fon 18 December in the Albany
NY area. THAT don't happen every year, lemme tell ya.

Reactions: spirilis
Sounds great! Makes up for the past 2 brutal winters. I always figured nature would balance things out somehow... it always does.

Hell yeah.

Instead of baking or broiling I'm going to go buy charcoal and grill some steaks and sausage this Christmas. Thats a first!

Reactions: DAKSY
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.