EB-150 UH OH water dripping steady in secondary chamber

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

b33p3r

Feeling the Heat
Jan 29, 2008
NE Pa
Looks like I have a major repair ahead of me? near bottom of turbs in the secondary chamber I have a steady drip of water. Can't be good. Shutting down until I figure out the problem.

that don't sound fun. How old is your unit ?

Top of my head I installed it in 2009 or 2010. Pulling my paperwork later today to know for sure. I'll email Dale from EB this pic in the morning and see what he thinks and I'll go from there. The pic is if you were looking in the bottom secondary door. The wet spot is on the back wall just above the opening that exits to the turbs. I'm guessing that portion of the back wall is part of the water jacket. You can see in the picture what looks to be the leak coming from that part of the wall.
boiler leak1 (1).JPG

Attachments

• boiler leak2.JPG
    boiler leak2.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
How did u make out with EB on this issue?

How did u make out with EB on this issue?
Great. Dale got back with me asap. After looking at the photo I emailed him he said it looks as though the heat exchanger is leaking. He asked me to ship it back to factory so they can give it a thorough inspection, repair and upgrades. I could probably just have it welded in place but I'd be nuts not to ship it back and have the experts take a good look. After all that is one of the reasons I went with an american made unit. The experts in my case are 4-5 hours away. Once disconnected and packed up I may just deliver it myself. We'll see what's easier for me. Thanks for asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.