ebay carb

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
Gonna buy a new Carb for my 025... I see on eBay 30.00 or so with shipping included...what do they run at the stihl dealership?.. any difference in quality?

FWIW, I just bought one on ebay for my 390. Super simple to replace. Tuned it up and it idles/runs like new. Only used it a couple times since, but it seems to work fine.

If the carb is the same manufacturer and model series you should be good to go. Double check.

No, the one I got is not the same mfg. Zamar or something, if I recall. Probably a knock-off but it works.

steeltowninwv said:
Gonna buy a new Carb for my 025... I see on eBay 30.00 or so with shipping included...what do they run at the stihl dealership?.. any difference in quality?

That sounds like a good deal if it is the right working carb.....double and triple check. I'd call your dealer also, just on the outside chance they have a used one sitting around and you could also get the retail price on a new one and then make your decision from there.

Peter SWNH said:
No, the one I got is not the same mfg. Zamar or something, if I recall. Probably a knock-off but it works.

If it's Zama (Zamar=typo?) then thatis who Stihl uses for a lot of OEM carbs.

steel...,

Did a replacement on mine last year. Purchased it from eBay and it went on very well. The price was competitive. What I do is temporarily bookmark a lot of sites and compare prices and features and shipping. Most of the time eBAY comes out the cheapest, but not always. My 025 carb was a Tillotson HV40B.

Status
Not open for further replies.