ebay stove with funny description

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

philaphire

Sep 24, 2006
Blue Bell, PA
Since it made me lol, I had to post about it thinking you might get a kick out of it...

Ebay Item # 190095648969

It' an old All Nighter stove a guy found his garage. The funny part is the description:

"Seems to be very old, im told it is cast iron. Very nice antique, found with wood in it, so it must been in working condtion."

Tell that to the guy who's car broke down but still had gas in it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Antique-wood-bu...ryZ41987QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Seriously, I hope no one takes this guy's assumption as fact!

It's a CHUBBY!...lol

I hope the guy is on some serious drugs ($500.00 starting bid?)!!!!
Gotta keep an eye on this one...if he gets' $500 bucks or better...I'm going to start "listing my junk on ebay". Anyone think he will get what he is asking???

For that kind of money...I hope shipping is included...lol

All those pictures and all I see is a front door and a top, both full of pitted rust. If he sells that stove, it's proof there are people out there mating unnaturally.

It's antique! It's a steal at $500!

I'm curious how big this guy's garage is for him to discover an old stove in the corner. What else is in there?

Matt

EatenByLimestone said:
It's antique! It's a steal at $500!

I'm curious how big this guy's garage is for him to discover an old stove in the corner. What else is in there?

Matt

That was the same thought I had. Be really funny if he was the original owner of the house.

After reading the auttion desciption and then looking at the pictures I would get banned here if I expressed my true thoughts and it is a Chubby

someone outght drop the guy a line and clue him in , what a piece o dog poop it is

Chubby Moe!!!!

THey are the neatest little All Nighter model I think. That should be a coal only stove really. Wasn't meant for wood if I can remember correctly. Its been a long time since I had complete All Nighter literature in front of me.

It’s antique! It’s a steal at $500!

I’m curious how big this guy’s garage is for him to discover an old stove in the corner. What else is in there?

Matt

Working for "renovation contractors" (i.e. 'fire jobs')...I learned one unspoken rule all to well...never open the fridge door...even if you get asked to help a "laborer" toss it into a roll-off dumpster...(phewwy..one thing you never want to get a 'whiff' of).

All I can say is if he finds an old fridge he never knew was there...I hope he doesn't follow the same logic "must work...still has food (science experiment) in it.." lol

You laugh but you never know....

Status
Not open for further replies.