EBW-100 Fan or Control issue?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SIERRADMAX

Feeling the Heat
Jan 13, 2011
RI
Not sure if I should call Econoburn or if someone can help out.

I switched the EBW-100 on for the first time last night. Fan ramped up upon startup then slowed way down. I brought the setpoint temp above the aquastat temp and the fan didn't increase speed. Just remained at a slow speed. I thought the EBW-100's were on/off fan configuration?

There are at least 2 different controllers. If you have the older style search nimbus+econoburn and read up on the problems some users had with fan not coming out of low speed.

I have the new controller, the fan is on high until 5 degrees below the set point, at set point it is off and stays off until 5 degrees below set point, if it drops to 10 degrees below it goes back to high.

The aqua stat with the new controller is only used as a safety for a high temp shut down of the fan. The temp sensor for the controller/fan is in a well in the top of the water jacket. I thought the older units had a sensor on the outer steel of the water jacket, but I could be wrong.

gg

Status
Not open for further replies.