Echo CS-330T Starter Rope Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennsyltucky Chris

Minister of Fire
Feb 9, 2014
Nockamixon, Pa
I got my neighbor into burning last winter after he had a few $800 heating bills. I helped him secure a cord and a half of legitimately seasoned ash, oak and hickory. However, I advised him not to burn that this time of year, and gave him about a half cord of polar, aspen, pine and cherry combined. No sweat of my back, I still have about 5 cords seasoned for this year. He ran out of the shoulder wood and needed some more. I obliged with a dozen or so cherry splits so he could make it until he gets a couple of seasoned cords delivered from a good source, on Wednesday. He comes back over my house with an Echo CS-330T. I'll never turn down a quality chainsaw, however the rope broke a few weeks ago. It ran fine until then, and I used it to limb a maple back in August, maybe? Anyway, my question is, since this saw retails for $250+, what am I looking at in terms of cost to replace the starter rope? I don't need the saw, and I told him I would probably sell it if I could get it fixed at a reasonable price. He was OK with it. He, like me, has 4 or 5 saws.

Anyone know anything about replacing the rope on terms of cost, and could I do it myself? TIA

Reactions: Pennsyltucky Chris
Maybe 30 mins if you've never done. Pay attn to how rope is wound and secured in the spool. Don't let the spring fly out or it's a major pain to rewind it properly.

Reactions: Pennsyltucky Chris
The ECHO CS-330T uses 3mm or 1/8" diameter starter rope, and you will need a piece about 36" long.

Even if you are unfamiliar with this saw, the repair is quite simple - a couple of dollars should buy the new rope at any local small engine service shop, and the fix should take less than an hour.

If this chainsaw is in decent condition, you should be able to sell it for $150 - $200.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.