Echo CS-400, $100!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr A

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2011
N. California
I just picked this up off Craigslist. Gal just kicked her husband to the curb and was selling his stuff, lol. She had it listed for $150, still a good deal. She was moving out,and said get here in 10 minutes, $100. I got ther as fast as I could, about 15 minutes. It started right up. I can really feel the power difference from my CS-3450. 18" bar. Nice deal on a $300 saw Optimized-chainsaw.jpg

Reactions: ScotO
great deal

That's probably all it's worth. I have this same saw, and after one season, when it was still practically brand new, I couldn't sell it on craigslist for $200. Not one bite. The guy at the saw dealership says most non-professional used saws don't have much of a resale value.......

$100 for a running saw that yo will use. Good deal.
Having a backup saw has bailed me out several times.

That's a fantastic deal and great little saw.

My dad has a CS4400 18" and its a little screamer.

I threw a loop of Husky branded Semi chisel (.325 / .050 / 72 dl's), not the safety chain, and it turned it into a little animal.

I was really impressed how well it did in the shag bark Hickory I was cutting.

You did great and I believe that Echo's consumer warranty is something like 5 years. Cant beat that.

I got two free cords of red oak off a guy then he sold me his CS-400 for $80 and it was practically brand new.

I got two free cords of red oak off a guy then he sold me his CS-400 for $80 and it was practically brand new.

Now that's a score;ex
2 cords of fire wood & an almost new saw for $80. AWESOME!
& oak "ta-boot"
I bet you at least had to haul the fire wood home , eh ? :)

You made me spit beer on my computer!

Now that's a score;ex
2 cords of fire wood & an almost new saw for $80. AWESOME!
& oak "ta-boot"
I bet you at least had to haul the fire wood home , eh ? :)

I did have to haul it but I couldn't complain! Original chain was still sharp!

spit beer on the computer.....LOL! Great deals to both of you. Good little saw for firewood, can't beat that price either!

I did have to haul it but I couldn't complain! Original chain was still sharp!

Well you have dulled the chain a bit since the , right ?

Also:
Welcome to the forum :)

Yep, I hit a nail cutting a tree in my yard!

Thanks!

OUCH.
I meant you've cut a few cords.
I hate yard trees, I've hit a few nails & I was the one who put the nails in the tree. LOL :)

Status
Not open for further replies.