Echo CS-400 18"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnpma

Feeling the Heat
Jan 29, 2014
W. Mass
Went to Home Cheapo on my lunch break. Walked into the garden center and they had a rack of these saws for $199 a'piece Don't know much about Echo but I know the name is pretty popular in the garden industry so I grabbed one for a backup saw. Seems OK, has double bar studs figure for $199 I can't go wrong.....

They also had a few 310's for $135

Reactions: Bigg_Redd
That CS 400 is a very small saw at only 40cc. It will have trouble driving even an 18 inch bar and chain. The CS-310 is even smaller at only 30cc. I would avoid it unless I wanted a limbing saw for using maybe a 12 or 14 inch bar.

That's a good price. They are normally $299. I bet you'll like it for smaller jobs and limbing. You may want to get a yellow chain, eg: 91VXL062G. The OEM chain probably has big safety bumpers.

That's a good price. They are normally $299. I bet you'll like it for smaller jobs and limbing. You may want to get a yellow chain, eg: 91VXL062G. The OEM chain probably has big safety bumpers.
Pretty impressed. We have always run Stihl, and Jonsered saws. Let me tell you for the money the saw is a work horse. Just had to try it last night. I limbed and cut log lengths from som cherry I dropped a month or so ago. The saw performed quite well throwing big chips, and in short time I had the two 10" cherry trees all cut up. It's a very light saw, and pretty damn powerful. Has a 5 year warranty too. My Stihl 390 is more of a work horse but this little bugger will serve it's place just fine.

Been using one for four years now. Does a fine job. Has about 35 cord behind it. Not a big fan of cutting anything thicker than 22-24 as it can get bogged down.... but does 90% of what i need great (log load deliveries) and can still get through the other 10% with some cussing.

Status
Not open for further replies.