Echo CS-600P

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lazeedan

Feeling the Heat
Dec 14, 2006
SW Michigan
I was wandering if anyone has a CS-600P. And what there opinion is. I have a CS-530. I am very happy with it. I have chance to pick up a 600 pretty reasonable. I don't think there is going to be enough of a difference to make it worth while. I have been looking for bigger saw. Just curious to hear from someone with first hand experience.
Thanks,
Dan

I was wandering if anyone has a CS-600P. And what there opinion is. I have a CS-530. I am very happy with it. I have chance to pick up a 600 pretty reasonable. I don't think there is going to be enough of a difference to make it worth while. I have been looking for bigger saw. Just curious to hear from someone with first hand experience.
Thanks,
Dan
I used to have access to a CS-60s. Loved it! Like holding a small dirt bike engine in your hands.
I still have the 28inch bar and laser chain that I used on it. The saw had a 20inch bar on it. No access to the saw any longer.

Thanks for the feedback Aussie.

I have a CS-600p and think it is a great saw. Starts and runs good, have had it about a year. It is about a 60cc saw and it will run circles around my 353 husqvarna which is a 53cc saw. My 353 should be about the same saw as your CS-530. The CS-600p weighs 13lbs though and for me that is a little heavy. Echo has come out with a CS-620P that is the same saw but with more power. Check that one.out too.

Thanks for the comparison Hickorynut. What size bar are you running on your CS-600p?

I have a 20 inch bar on the CS-600p but it will accommodate a 24 inch easily according to all the info. I have gathered. One problem in this area is distribution of echo, at least echo chainsaws. So, I ordered a lot of spare consumable parts as spark plugs, oil, air, and fuel filter, torx wrench, bar nuts, chain sprocket etc. from a online store. Again, I am totally satisfied with this chainsaw.

I have a 600p and although I haven't used it a great deal yet I'm very pleased with it. I got it on clearance at Home Depot for 300$ out the door.

I have a Cs 590 Timber Wolf and love it. A little on the heavy side, but cuts like a beast. It has a 20" bar, but I can see that a 24" would be no problem for this saw.

Thanks for all the feedback. The guy who was selling it decided to keep it for now. Maybe after collecting a little more dust I can get it cheaper yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.