Echo CS-60s chainsaw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tinker

Sep 23, 2010
Northern Nevada
Our McCulloch needed some parts for the recoil starter, and in the meantime of looking for spares I found an Echo CS-60s saw that needed a little love.
The carb needed a rebuild, there was a hole punched in the magnesium fuel tank (bottom of the crank case casting...) but I got it for $29 and felt like making it go.

A handful of brass and stainless washers and a nut/bolt along with some gas tank repair epoxy putty and the tank's fixed, a rebuild kit took care of the carb.
It runs great!
One issue I'm seeing is the auto oiler - short of the adjusting screw in the airbox, does anyone here have any suggestions on getting the oiling system running?
What's the typical failure part or mode of failure in the oiling system?

Cheers
Tinker

I like to blow everything out of the saw and bar with an air compressor then rinse the oil tank out good with kerosene. With out the bar on run it some and try to get the kerosene through there. If it doesnt work its time for a new pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.