Echo cs530

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtstromsburg

Nov 15, 2014
Nebraska
I'm new here, but learning much from you all! This forum is a great asset. I'm going from cutting wood for fun and just camp firewood, to cutting for heating at home. Still two winters away from that, but planning ahead thanks to the reads here.
I currently have a cheap poulan "wild thing ", don't even know the cc's but my "good" saw is is an echo cs530 with a 20" bar. It's been great, but wondering if I can tweak it, but a better chain, or go smaller on the bar to improve it? Figured somebody may know better then me just shooting in the dark.

20" isnt terrible on a 50cc saw. The 325 chain, there is several options go as far as chains go. More than likely a muffler mod and carb tune will help significantly. My 421 dolmar runs alot better since the cat removal and retune not to mention running cooler

Reactions: 7acres
I cut hundreds of trees and piles of firewood with my ECHO CS-600P chainsaws - one with 20" bar and one with 28" bar. I find the 20" bar great for the majority of my felling and cutting, while not being too cumbersome for limbing and I run Carlton A1LM chain.
Your ECHO CS-530 with 20" bar should satisfy your firewood cutting needs with proper chain selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.