Eco-45 reprogram auger feed rates

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TTSProd

Dec 19, 2013
Quebec, Canada
Hi everyone,

I just replaced the combex blower in my Drolet Eco-45 and the unit is putting out a ton more heat and running cleaner than it ever did. The strange thing is now, it's no longer possible to run it on the highest level (6) as it trips the L-250 sensor. I ran it on 6 last season on a few occasions and it was fine, no overheating, but seemed to burn inefficiently as the burn pot would fill very quickly. I know that the stove is very clean as I did a very thorough cleaning while I had it apart less than 2 weeks ago.

I'm not really concerned because I really don't really need level 6. It feels like level 4 with the new blower is as hot as level 6 was with the old one. I wonder if the controller can be re programmed to slow the pellet feed a touch on all levels so 6 is still an option but it just does not have a setting that consistently overheats the stove. I know this level of programming exists on other pellet stoves, but I have never heard of such an adjustment on the Eco-45.

Anyone ever had a similar issue?

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.