ECO-65 1st impressions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I lit the stove with the torch (ya know the portable one you did hot knives with when you were a teen).mI'm doubting the new Iignitor needs cleaning. It seems to get white hot. TonyVideo, don't my legs look like chick legs in work boots in profile pic?

I lit the stove with the torch (ya know the portable one you did hot knives with when you were a teen).mI'm doubting the new Iignitor needs cleaning. It seems to get white hot. TonyVideo, don't my legs look like chick legs in work boots in profile pic?

Now a days you never know who those legs could belong to...:eek:

Reactions: VIBErator
Hey folks...been a while. Just dropped in to see how all the stoves are doing....just replaced the igniter in mine...been hiolding onto a new one since last winter and lighting with gel but finding the pellets form a clump on top of the burn pot when I start the stove this way so decided to install the new igniter. Probably should have pulled off the side panels this year and cleaned the exhaust chambers as well but hoping they are good enuf for the winter or at least till January sometime as that seems to be a full day event with silicone having to set up before I use the stove again afterwards. No real issues since changing out the auger motor last winter. stove has been working quite well (knock on wood). Had been running the stove in pilot on mode so it doesn't shutdown and try to re-ignite but found over the weekend that it was extremely hard on fuel....a whole hopper in about 30 hrs on 2nd heat setting! Another reason i decided to put in the igniter....would the dirty flue possibly be part responsible for that fuel consumption?

Hey folks...been a while. Just dropped in to see how all the stoves are doing....just replaced the igniter in mine...been hiolding onto a new one since last winter and lighting with gel but finding the pellets form a clump on top of the burn pot when I start the stove this way so decided to install the new igniter. Probably should have pulled off the side panels this year and cleaned the exhaust chambers as well but hoping they are good enuf for the winter or at least till January sometime as that seems to be a full day event with silicone having to set up before I use the stove again afterwards. No real issues since changing out the auger motor last winter. stove has been working quite well (knock on wood). Had been running the stove in pilot on mode so it doesn't shutdown and try to re-ignite but found over the weekend that it was extremely hard on fuel....a whole hopper in about 30 hrs on 2nd heat setting! Another reason i decided to put in the igniter....would the dirty flue possibly be part responsible for that fuel consumption?

The pellet feeds rates are fixed, so I don;t think that is your problem. Your best to use a thermostat and have it on a high setting and it will idle on the 1 st setting. Best way to determine things is to use a magnehelic gauge conected inl-line to the hose on the pressure switch to see where your flue is at, low readings mean its time. The stove will start to vibrate when the combustion blower is due for cleaning. You need to clean that more offten then the passages in the stove. The replacement gaskets are hi temp materials, don;t use silicone instead.

Last edited:
So far so good. Only issue has been the igniter, but with everyone else having problems I haven't even bothered replacing it. In fact my main issue is getting parts. No dealer close and the online dealers don't always seem to be well stocked. I was going to get an igniter but then it was backordered, checked some other companies and had a difficult time finding it. Now I could be wrong but I swear the part number has changed? Similar issue when I bought a gasket kit, took some looking to locate one, and then it was shipped direct from SBI. Wish they just offered parts online if they are just going to drop ship it anyway.

I've also noticed the backorder status, parts number may have changed and also the new production of stove is
different from previous production date...and part number seems to be different since.

My little 'cord gasket' under the burn pot seems to be pretty flat and looking at changing it, can someone
tell me what size it is and does that have self sticky stuff on it or you have to use High temp silicone
to stick it in the crease???????
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.