Eco-Choice CAB50?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmichigan

Burning Hunk
Oct 29, 2014
michigan
Does any one have experience with the CAB50? i was looking it over and seemed like a good built unit but looks are not always what they seem. My house is single story with 2x4 walls built in 77' with newer pella windows. 944sqf main floor and same in basement. i would like to install it down in the family room. i have the origanal boiler from 77 so its very propane hungry. Basement is getting insofast 2.0 insulation and drywall in a few weeks, plus sill plate is getting spray foamed.

Nobody has this unit or used one? i did some research and it has Quadra-Fire parts and other reviews said it was a good entry level model. just doesn't have a lot of programming options.

Isn't that a pellet stove? I guess you may get an answer in the pellet forum. Maybe one of the mods will transfer the thread.

New to the forms so this reply is late. If you purchased to cab 50..congrats...I have this stove 3 years..no issues...it's not the top of the line stove but it can crank serious heat...and the large hopper a bonus...best investment I made as I can heat both levels & save on the average $500 over my Monitor 2400 kerosene heater which only heats the upper level..my primary heat is electric baseboard...forget that!

Status
Not open for further replies.