1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Eco-Energy Fuel Blocks from TSC

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Beer Belly, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Beer Belly

Beer Belly Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Connecticut
    I bought a few packs of these due to a shortage of seasoned wood later in the heating season....I figured about mid Febuary. I threw one in earlier today to see what it does. Stove was at 400::F.....nice bed of hot coals....throw in one brick....flames develop around bottom....then up sides and ends....they roll around the top and flame about 5 inces high.....one hour into the burn....stove temps at 301::F....and the brick is a smoldering block.....what gives ????....the air was full bore......thru in a piece of Hickory to finish the smoldering block.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. eclecticcottage

eclecticcottage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    WNY
    Burn two at a time close together, if they are like Ecobricks they burn better with "friends".
  3. Beer Belly

Beer Belly Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Connecticut
    I'll give it a shot tomorrow....hopefully I won't end up with 2 smoldering blocks
  4. wkpoor

wkpoor Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Amanda, OH
    I have the Ecos and another brands where the bricks are half size. If I put in 2 small bricks with a split in between the stove is off to the races. Don't under estimate those fellows. Too many and you could have a runaway mess on your hand. Last night I did a reload with 2 bricks and 4 splits. Hr later I found myself putting foil of the secondary inlets to getter slowed down. That was damper and primary full shut.