Eco fan for Insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingpig

Jan 23, 2010
Cary, NC
I'm searching for a back up fan for my Lopi insert in case we loss power. The idea of fan w/o power like Eco fan for Stirling engine is nice but unfortunately my insert is flushed so I can't put the Eco fan on the top of it.

Any other insert owner come up with a good idea/solution? For the Eco fan owner, does it look possible to remove the thermoelectric patch from the base and attach to the insert door instead?

Cheers......Som :)

Can't help you but I would not put too much faith into an Eco fan. They are cute but won't move much air. We bought one and used it 2 days before returning it. Yet, some folks like them.

No, that won't work. The Declaration is a flush faced insert. Better to have a small generator on hand if long power outages are expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.