Eco- fans? distance?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

micaaronfl

Dec 5, 2010
pennsylvania
i saw some posts about some eco fans like this one:

http://www.green-logic.net/ecainowostfa.html

how far away do they need to work? i have a merrimack insert and i was going to put a corner fan into a vent i cut into a transom peice about 10 to fiften feet away but im worried about noise with the corner fan and merrimack blower going. will these work far away or do they need to be right by the stove?

The need to be directly on a hot, 300-600ºF stove. Heat is what powers them.

woops answered my own question has to be around 150 degrees to work. anyway anyone have any other suggestions :)

Other suggestion? For sure. Get a floor fan; a small one. Place in doorway or hallway and run on lowest speed setting. Blow towards stove room. I've found no easier or quicker way to get heat to the back of the house.

+1 works like a charm

I got a 'Tower' style fan on clearance from WalMart or Kmart. I use it to ussher cooler air from the hallway into the living/dining room where the stove is. It's adjustable, fairly quiet, and takes up very little floor space.

micaaronfl said:
i saw some posts about some eco fans like this one:

http://www.green-logic.net/ecainowostfa.html

how far away do they need to work? i have a merrimack insert and i was going to put a corner fan into a vent i cut into a transom peice about 10 to fiften feet away but im worried about noise with the corner fan and merrimack blower going. will these work far away or do they need to be right by the stove?

I have owned one for several years and I really do like it. It tells me (from a distance) when my stove top starts to get warm and it looks nice and makes a little noise like it is really doing something, but, in my opinion, it is more of a decoration than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.