Eco Flame Fire Logs (Kinda Like A Bio Brick? ) ?....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
I asked for firewood.

This is what I got.

20141226_185002.jpg

20141226_185115.jpg

And then was told "the salesman said, they are better than firewood, and clean your chimney".

I'm reading "lower emissions on a firewood grate".

Correct me, if I'm wrong, please.

:mad:

Oh, BTW. I have 3 boxes of these things :)

Give it a try. One or two, not a whole box. I find them hard to light but then they explode so watch closely.

They exploded.

I've got pics, to follow.

If they expand like a magic snake they are not highly compressed. I found that style product poor for long term heat and high on ash production.

Reactions: Dix
If they expand like a magic snake they are not highly compressed. I found that style product poor for long term heat and high on ash production.

That's what I've seen.

I used 1 to get some "not so ready" firewood going.

PE took off like a rocket, once it got going.

Was fun, to say the least.

If that is anything like a dureflame log, do not use in a woodstove! Those are like giant fire starters with wax filler, good for fireplaces and outdoor pits.

We tried eco bricks and found them slow to burn, medium heat, no coals.... better than nothing but not as good as the real deal....

There a a lot of low compression logs and bricks showing up on the market. You can tell them once you know the difference. They're lighter and flakier than the densely compressed products like Homfires, BioBricks or NIELs. Unlike Duraflame, there's no wax binders in these products, so they are ok to burn. They are just big cheap pellets though that release their heat quickly. Burn only a couple at at time and leave lots of expansion room.

Correction: they were "bio bricks" we tried. Made in CT. Tried others as well, they were the best, some of the others were just scary.

I've tried many. The best so far are all-nighters out of CT (very expensive), a very close second are Niels.

Our local Lowe's has these Niel-like logs, way lighter, and at .89 each okay in a pinch. 10 in a pack, 30lbs, 3lb each, they do coal nicely though.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419909436901.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419909436901.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 246
Status
Not open for further replies.