Eco-Flame Pellets??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eatonpcat

Minister of Fire
Jul 24, 2011
Eaton Township, Ohio
Anyone burn Eco-Flame Pellets...Saw the yesterday at Lowes in Avon, Ohio...$219.00/ton

I think they are softwood?? Stock photo, I did not take this picture!!

IMG_78381.jpg

NOOOOOOOO.

Ok, buy a few bags, and see how they work out. I bought two tons before I had my stove installed (rookie mistake) and I hate them. Barely a shoulder pellet in my 10-cpm. Had the stove at 8-9 yesterday...it was 40 degrees. Not too much ash, but not much heat either, not to mention they've plugged my stove twice now. Had a few wet bags too. I'm actually in the process of returning mine to Lowes. It's totally worth my time to dig them out of the back of the shed and exchange them...and I paid 175/ton too. I hate them that much. The only pellet that was worse was the Freedom fuel, but I think those just fed slow because they were so big.

Thanks... I didn't buy any yesterday, but I wa going to go back and get a few bags!! I think I will just keep what I have for now!!!

New Pellet near us???

If there that bad, I may pass....

Eatonpcat said:
Anyone burn Eco-Flame Pellets...

Yep, Check the big box test thread. Try a couple a bags and tell us what you think. Sometimes better to form your own opinion JIC.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/42511/

Confluence Energy makes them. They also make the Platinum Fire I have in the stove right now.

My only complaint is they are a chipped log pellet and tend to be somewhat gritty/coarse in texture, So they don't slide well in the hopper. Heat was fair and ash/fines were low. I buy them for shoulders at the right price. But I'm not as picky as others and neither is my stove. But they are worth a try IMHO.

I've burned a few bags a few years ago.

As far as I remember they were average.

Status
Not open for further replies.