eco heatalater

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rona

Minister of Fire
Apr 2, 2008
southwestern Minn
Has anybody seen these pellet stoves? or read about them? They were claimed to use some of the Quad AEs technology in a moderate priced stove.
do they use the tear drop heat exchanger like the AE? Do they use a automated dump like the AE/ Do they run by the wire like the AE or is there manually adjusted fuel and exh fan speed?

I have the ps50 heatilator and it works great.It's downstairs running as we speak.It's a very simple stove.It runs on a thermostat only.There is no auto dump.It has three speeds.Put in pellets and select the temp you want on the stat and away you go.It has a manual adjust feed in the hopper.It works on a slide like the CB1200 quad.It has a plate under the ash pan to adjust the air flow.

Idahokid said:
I have the ps50 heatilator and it works great.It's downstairs running as we speak.It's a very simple stove.It runs on a thermostat only.There is no auto dump.It has three speeds.Put in pellets and select the temp you want on the stat and away you go.It has a manual adjust feed in the hopper.It works on a slide like the CB1200 quad.It has a plate under the ash pan to adjust the air flow.

How long have you had your PS50 and how is it working for you? Any problems or tricks to speak of?

We just burned are first ton and it works great.It's more than I thought it would be.It has an 80 lbs hopper.I was looking at the Harman p43 or this one.I made the right choice.Easy to clean.The sides come right off for easy cleaning.Nothing is hidden on this stove.We are going threw a bag a day at 8 degrees outside.We live in a 2100 square foot home two story.But it is well insulated.R 49 in attic.We are as we speak at 68 degrees in the house and the stove is on medium.You can't go wrong with this baby.The p43 has only a 40 lbs hopper.The heatilator is a work horse.

There is no Harman parts in the Heatilator. It is a lot of QuadraFire in the stove. It is a very good unit for the money and beats most of the brands out there.

Eric

We have one in our showroom. I am pretty sure it is NOT like the AE at all. Looks more like Quad SantaFe / Castile guts with a plain boring shell on it. Sticks out like a sore thumb next to the Tiara II cast iron gas unit and the Mt Vernon AE in Sienna Bronze. Good price, good stove, just plain and simple looks.

----

OK so the AE comment had me intrigued so I looked a little more.

Definitely looks like Castile / SantaFe style setup. Basic control board, auger, old style comb and convection blowers, etc... They did borrow the fire pot from the AE, it even has the "Auto Clean" rails listed in the parts breakdown, but alas, the fire pot floor is connected to a pull rod and not an auto-clean motor.

If you follow the links here you can see the parts blowup and manuals.

http://heatilatorecochoice.com/products/stoves.asp?cat=pellet-stoves

If you look at the parts manual from the ps35 stove,it has a lot of santa fe parts.Blowers and motors and what not.The ps50 is more of the CB1200.The 80 lbs hopper is very handy.I bag a day and it's going to be -4 tonight.Very nice stove.You can't go wrong.

Looks like a discount Quad, a really good deal I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.