EcoBricks @ TSC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott2373

Nov 9, 2011
Williamson, New York
I frequently check the prices on these to see if they go on sale; often times they'll drop a whole $1 in price at which point I'll snag some since they work nice as a "booster" on those especially chilly nights and they get the slab wood burning hot and fast from a cold start. I just noticed that they're packages of 6 for $3.95! I am looking right at the ones next to my stove that I bought last year, and they are 8-packs that I paid $3.99 (IIRC) for! I haven't been down to the store to look, but is this a misprint? I just thought all y'all might want a heads-up if you use these, so you're not surprised. Here's the link: http://www.tractorsupply.com/redstone-trade-ecobrick-pack-of-6-1001261

Reactions: pen and smokinj
Another company takes a lesson from the leaders in shrinking quantity for price ( grocery items) and as with just about every thing they add a few more cents in on top of it.

Reactions: smokinj
That's disappointing because we really enjoy using the EcoBricks. I just hope the quality of the product hasn't suffered as well.

Quality can stay the same just the cost of production/distribution is what is choking the game. Applies to everything. 30% increase in fuel prices since this time last year, bottom line your pocket just got a lot smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.