Ecofan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2009
Maine
Has anybody tried these ecofans on a pellet stove? They offer a gas stove model (150-300deg operating range). I have a Quad CB and I know it does not get up to 300.
Can't believe I'm think about a pellet stove.....it was almost 90 today here in Maine!

Beaubythestove said:
Has anybody tried these ecofans on a pellet stove? They offer a gas stove model (150-300deg operating range). I have a Quad CB and I know it does not get up to 300.
Can't believe I'm think about a pellet stove.....it was almost 90 today here in Maine!

Cant see a reason for one?! A pellet stove has a fan that blows the heat out already!

I don't think they'll work on a pellet stove anyway....they need the top of the stove to get hot to work, and pellet stoves just don't get very hot, if at all. And besides, as i remember, they were pretty expensive.....save your $$ and buy more pellets.

I have an Ecofan for the wood stove and it works great, I did try it on the pellet stove and had crappy results at best. I would say even with the gas stove model you would not see any tangible results as there just isn't enough heat radiating from it (Just as imacman said). If you have a woodstove...buy one they work great and are a marvel of ingenuity.

Status
Not open for further replies.