ECOFAN

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RNLA said:
I personally do not care for ceiling fans. In our house it would look funny. If we modify anything it would be a gas furnace.... :gulp:

Everybody has their own situation. In your case the Ecofan would be a good addition.

What do you have now? Oil?

An Ecofan will do a much better job than almost any other fan, when the power is out. It's also a nice visual stove temp indicator.

Our power went out in those big eastern storms this year for 2-1/2 days. The house was still powered up with my portable generator... now if I run out of gas...

I don't know what made me think of this....but....
do you think there is someone out there with 2, 3,......, possibly 4 of these fans on their woodstove? :lol:
Ya never know...ya just never know... :-S

GAMMA RAY said:
do you think there is someone out there with 2, 3,......, possibly 4 of these fans on their woodstove? :lol:

Not sure what your getting at, but, I ran two at the same time, on the same stove, for a few seasons. I now run one and a steamer, just ran out of room on the stove top. %-P

Hardrockmaple said:
GAMMA RAY said:

Not sure what your getting at, but, I ran two at the same time, on the same stove, for a few seasons. I now run one and a steamer, just ran out of room on the stove top. %-P

Well you know what that means.........It's either time for a bigger stove or it's time for a second stove.... :lol:

Hardrockmaple said:
GAMMA RAY said:

After I read all the reviews online about the ecofan, I could not help but wonder if 2 would work even better. I know how Mr Gamma thinks. I can see him being stoked about how 1 ecofan works and then taking it to the extreme...which he does now and then....with various things... You never saw him with a power washer... :ahhh:
All I can envision is coming home from work one day to a stove top full of ecofans... :lol: :lol: :smirk:
Did 2 ecofans really work better than one? I am just such a curious bugger.

Yeah I'll be running two, as soon as I can afford it. We now have our choice of electric or the much more desirable WOOD heat. I really could see where some would not like the ecofan, thinking it is going to do something incredible, it just moves air... :long: It is barely detectable but that is the objective. We are not looking for breeze just air exchange. I'll say it again, it's simple although expensive, but I recommend it. ;-)

GAMMA RAY said:
Hardrockmaple said:
GAMMA RAY said:

After I read all the reviews online about the ecofan, I could not help but wonder if 2 would work even better. I know how Mr Gamma thinks. I can see him being stoked about how 1 ecofan works and then taking it to the extreme...which he does now and then....with various things... You never saw him with a power washer... :ahhh:
All I can envision is coming home from work one day to a stove top full of ecofans... :lol: :lol: :smirk:
Did 2 ecofans really work better than one? I am just such a curious bugger.

Yes, two were better than one for me and my setting, at the time. Imagine; stove in the middle of a wide open 1000 sq.ft. level with one on each corner angled away from one another. I found, as others have, that the extremities were quicker to warm up and stayed warmer longer. I since have installed a mini-split system in this area and now the wood stove is more of maintainer than it is an essential.

Every situation/setting is different, they worked well for my application. (I cannot stand the constant "whirr" of an electric fan, no matter how silent they are supposed to be)

Hard rock that is a good point with the noise of the electrical fan. To get lots of heat I still will use the "blower" but the pair of ecofans will be a mainstay. looks like it stoped turning now, time for another lod of wood.... :lol:

I will have a blower on the 30...so is it better to utilize the ecofan(s) instead of the blower?????
Forgive my ignorance, but I only have one season under my belt heating with wood...... :smirk: So I really know chit...
and I am just curious....just wanna learn..
Blower vs. Ecofan????

GAMMA RAY said:
I will have a blower on the 30...so is it better to utilize the ecofan(s) instead of the blower?????
Forgive my ignorance, but I only have one season under my belt heating with wood...... :smirk: So I really know chit...
and I am just curious....just wanna learn..
Blower vs. Ecofan????

That depends on your situation. I was heating a 1000 sq.ft. open area. Well insulated with modern windows. All I wanted was to expand the heat envelope. You may have to really blow your air around, depends upon your needs. To be honest, one of my priorities was a "silent" fan and I was was lucky enough to find the Ecofan did the job nicely for me.

I agree GAMMA, each house is different. If your running a free standing stove I would try it with the ECOFAN. The blower really throws heat out, the fan just helps to even things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.