Ecofans

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one and I love it for it's purpose. My parents got it for us so it didn't cost us anything. I don't use a blower on my Lopi Freedom and it is built to run effectively without one. I don't have an open floor plan so an electric blower really wouldn't do much in our house anyway. We use the Ecofan and an almost silent doorway fan to move air out of the room where the insert is. We also circulate air from the room with our furnace fan which runs most of the time; with our set up is fairly effective.

Some love em, some not. Every time we have a winter power outage, we are very glad to have ours. My guess is that they cost so much because of small production runs on custom milling. They use a high quality motor and parts. Several reviews on the site, search for ecofan.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/3239/

There definaly cool, i think more of a conversation piece then a seriuos peice of equipment. I cant keep them in stock this time of year. I would love to get one but cant justify the cost yet.

MountainStoveGuy said:
I would love to get one but cant justify the cost yet.

I bet you can get it online cheaper :)

We were thinking of one but just couldnt justify spending that kind of cash on a fan, maybe when we are in a better situation $$$$ wise and can blow $100 on a fan.
I had almost enough to get one built up in Cabelas Bucks but I needed new hunting boots and that helps put food on the table ;)

Got 1 as a birthday present. It works well, especially as a heat indicator. Lets me know when the coal needs a refreshing.

It was purchased on the internet, cheapest price around.

Definitely get the bigger one. If you're in a house that benefits from the increased air movement, you will notice a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.