Econoburn 100 Circulating loop pump

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sparky

Feb 24, 2012
Southern Vermont
I added a remote switch to the front of my Econoburn 100 boiler so I wouldn't have to shut off master switch and keep resetting the boiler water temperature, So when I would go out to my boiler in the am. I use to like it when I wouldn't hear the pump running, (I knew my boiler was still hot and I burned enough wood to keep my house warm) Lately it has been running, This am the water temp. in the boiler (not storage) was 163 and the pump was running.I believe it should be off at 150? I check in the programing and my launch temp. is 150. (though I don't use the boiler controller to launch my main pump) I checked the wiring and the pump is connected to the (close to the boiler pump) terminal. I believe it's the yellow wire. Any suggestions? I will contact Econoburn this week, just thought I would check with you guys first.

That's the temp my boiler is set at. I use a different controller to pump to house and storage
It's my understanding according to econoburns owners manual that close to the boiler pump should shut off at 150 degrees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Econoburn manual suggests a two pump set up. The near boiler pump runs until the boiler loop hits 150. At 150 it shuts off and the pump to storage (or load) comes on. I don't use the two pumps on my system but I don't remember reading anything about a differential setting. I thought it was one off, one on, at 150 degrees. There is a wiring diagram in the manual that I believe is pretty clear on which terminals are for which pump.
If the boiler reading is 163 and the near pump is running, I would say you definitely have an issue as no heat will be going to storage as long as that pump is running. At what temperature would your storage pump normally come on?

I use a different controller to operate my storage pump. I believe it set to come on at 160. I was noticing that my boiler wasn't getting heat to my storage like it normally did, and like I said when I would go out in the am i could hear that pump running and the boiler was at 163 degrees. I think its a problem in my econoburn circuit board?

Yep. Sounds like it. If all worked before and you know it is not the pump. Or perhaps the controls are working correctly and the boiler temp is reading wrong. Just for fun, you could consider pushing the button that resets everything to factory settings.

There is nothing in the program guide to explain how to do that. I did go in and lowered the launch temp (even though I don't use it to control my storage pump) thinking it had something to do with that?

Hmm. Sorry about that. I was looking in my manual which shows a factory reset button on the left side of the control panel. I went and looked at my boiler and it is not there, as is the case for you I guess.