Econoburn 200 piping pictures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

goosegunner

Minister of Fire
Oct 15, 2009
WI
The big copper doesn't look so big in the pictures with an Econoburn 200. Still have sticker shock on copper prices!!

1-1/2" copper, boiler to tank.
1-1/4" copper, to logstor load.

Piping spread out because I had the room and it is headed to the tank in the enclosed lean to. All added up to plenty of pipe.

Decided to do supply side circulator. Before you post it is wrong, The Danfoss Tech advised the pump on supply works well with their valve and it will aid in air elimination having it on the supply.

gg

Attachments

• boilerpipe2.jpg
    boilerpipe2.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 756
  • boilerpipe1.jpg
    boilerpipe1.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 735
  • boilerpipe3.jpg
    boilerpipe3.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 690
  • boilerpipe4.jpg
    boilerpipe4.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 740
Looks real good goose, nice and clean joints. Your getting close now!

sdrobertson said:
Looks real good goose, nice and clean joints. Your getting close now!

Thanks but I can't take credit for the joints. My dad has been a plumber for over 40 years!

gg

Thanks Goose a picture is truly worth a thousand words! Is your expansion tank missing or have you replaced it with some fancy air elimination device?

That's a Spirovent air eiminator. I think you need a connector from the PEX to the copper though ;-)

WoodChoppa said:
Thanks Goose a picture is truly worth a thousand words! Is your expansion tank missing or have you replaced it with some fancy air elimination device?

Tank not connected in picture. I am going to put a T at the bottom of air vent so I can add the big expansion tank to it later. I have a small bladder tank to run the system for now. Not piped or pictured.

gg

Hunderliggur said:
That's a Spirovent air eiminator. I think you need a connector from the PEX to the copper though ;-)

No wonder my house won't warm up....

gg

Looks nice ! A lot more spread out than mine. That will be nice for maintence etc. Is there a pressure relief on the boiler some where ?

woodsmaster said:
Looks nice ! A lot more spread out than mine. That will be nice for maintence etc. Is there a pressure relief on the boiler some where ?

I had the room and my dad said lets put the stuff where you can get at it. Cost more for the pipe but I needed to go to the right to get to my storage tank anyway.

Pressure relief not plumbed in pictures but yes there is one on the boiler.

gg

stupid question your hot water feed from wood boiler comes off the top of your boiler right ? I have to put up some pics of my set up just to see what everyone thinks ........my layout is a little diffrent than yours it looks great bro good job

jwaite002 said:
stupid question your hot water feed from wood boiler comes off the top of your boiler right ? I have to put up some pics of my set up just to see what everyone thinks ........my layout is a little diffrent than yours it looks great bro good job

Yes off the top.

Thanks

gg

Status
Not open for further replies.