Econoburn arrived today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnmizer

Jun 19, 2008
W MT
Exciting day getting the new boiler delivered.
Impressively good sized chunk of iron. I had a boom
truck make the delivery, well worth the extra expense
IMO. First impressions are that it's pretty well made,
looks like quality workmanship..

I had 3 helpers muscle the beast into a daylight basement,
A pallet jack and I could have done it myself---maybe.

We slid it off onto a skid and rolled it in on pipe. A good hour
of grunt work... I'll get the plumber and electrician over in
the next week or so and get things lined out..along with the
water tank/exchanger..

So how noisy will this be when in full burn?

To be continued--------- MM

If it's like the EKO, which I think it is, you'll hear a low roar when the thing is gasifying and some noise from the blower. All in all, not much noise. The gasification rumble is a pretty satisfying sound.

congratulations!

I saw an Econoburn in use at the home of the dealer I am getting mine (ordered but not yet delivered) from.

It made less noise in full burn than the oil-fired warm air furnace that I have.

They (Econoburns) definitely seem built for stout, which is one of the main things that attracted me to it.

let me know how you like it. Is there any econoburn owners who will tell m how they like the units

Status
Not open for further replies.