Econoburn door adjustments

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

salecker

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 22, 2010
Northern Canada
Hi All
I tried to add to an existing thread but for some reason they were al locked no addition comments allowed.
The hinge side of the Econoburn doors had pretty much unlimited adjustment.But even with a new door gasket i still had leaks that would not stop.
So i got a bigger bearing for the latch side which draws the door tighter.After a few days of the extra pressure and readjusting the hinges i think that i have finally stopped the smoke leakage the upper door has had for years.
Bearing number is 6203 1/2 2Rsc3
I had to add another washer behind the bearing as it was hitting the door when you latched it.

Good information, I think I have a couple dozen of these bearings for my snowmobiles, might give it a try. Anybody have any specs on the upper and lower door gaskets? Mine are leaking on startup , but when it goes into gasification, it clears up from the smoke burning up.

They are a square rope gasket i think 3/4"or 7/8"
I replaced my upper gasket but it never changed the smoking.
It's a lot better now,but last night i looked at the leading edge of the firebox opening and it is not flat.I am going to assume that it was good enough because of the rope gasket.But i had up to an 1/8 differance over a 12" flat surface.I will true it up and see if that helps.