Econoburn EBW100 install question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jghaenlein

Feb 13, 2009
virginia
Hi all, bought an Econoburn EBW 100 for my new house, and my plumber is giving me all kinds of crap about installing it, and is kinda being a wuss about it. We already have the coil in place in the vent system ( we have it tied into a forced air system above our heat pump) , but he is giving me all kinds of grief about connecting the boiler to the coil...... Does anyone have any tips, or a link to detailed instructions on installing that I can give to my plumber? thanks alot!
josh

I am not sure what kind of grief he is giving you about connecting the boiler to the coil. Just make sure you have a bypass loop installed that will keep the water above 150*... connecting to the coil is pretty straight forward... run the pipe, solder it together. Done.

cheers

Obviously there are a few trinkets that need installed as well.. perhaps my instructions are over simplified a bit, but your installer should know the details.

cheers

Econoburns are wonderfully straightforward to install. Call them at the toll-free number, or have your plumber do that. If he is unable to get his head around it, fire him and find someone else- preferably someone who has worked on commercial installs, as this will be a piece of cake to anyone who's really a pro with boilers. There's no rocket science here- indeed, a lot less with Econoburn's control/ circulator system than with some of the Euro-type units that depend upon fancypants thermostatic mixing valves.

Thanks- I really think Dale and Co. at Econoburn/ Dunkirk did something brilliantly different- and wonderfully simple- with the use of the integrated controller to skip the uber-expensive mix valves by running a "close circulator" 'til the boiler hits 150 or so, and then cutting that off and running the "load" circ above that.

I just finished the install on an ebw 150, pretty straight forward
project.
Plumbed it all out of black pipe except the overheat zone. There's a
lots of info here to help figure it out.

The wiring is pretty simple,
I ran a separate circuit over to the boiler and
into a switched busman box.

PM me if you want some photos.

My plumber's guys will do the final hook in to the main system hopefully
in a day or two. I filled the system and checked for leaks then flushed and
refilled/bled it out. The pressure in the water system is enough to pop
off the PRV :)

The guys at the factory are really great to consult with like everyone
here says.

My high tech Weil Mclein boiler has a near boiler loop type
set up via the DHW tank. On a cold start the DHW pump is