Ecotech Veronica stove part 2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coolnuke

Dec 5, 2012
ok i have another question about the above mentions stove. is there any way to adjust the auger feed rate? it seem when the stove is running, doesnt matter what the power setting is i still burn about a bag a day. i currently have it on a thermostat and modultion off to save the igniter. so the fan changes speed when the thremostat cycles but i still burn roughly the same rate. any suggestions?

I just had this very discussion with another Ecoteck owner.....
At your own risk, you can alter the feed rate (and the combustion fan speed) of the P1 power mode, which is the power the stove operates in the "Modulate Work" mode. Actually all the stove operating parameters can be adjusted, but carefull, you can really screw-up the stove. First, enter the "View Settings" menu, and record al the PR (parameter) values that your stove is currently programmed with. There should be 48 parameters. PR6 is the auger motor ON-Time (in seconds) for the P1 power level, and PR18 is the RPM of the combustion fan for the P1 power level. Both parameters should be adjusted proportionatly (example, halfing the pellet feed rate should require half the combustion air flow). The View Settings menus is "safe", it is read-only, you can't alter any settings. To alter these parameters, you need to enter the password protected "Default Settings" menu. Do not enter the "Data Bank" menu....there is NO technical documentation availible that describes what this menu is about......you don't want to fool with that. Check your Private Conversation feature of this forum, for further info.

I just had this very discussion with another Ecoteck owner.....
At your own risk, you can alter the feed rate (and the combustion fan speed) of the P1 power mode, which is the power the stove operates in the "Modulate Work" mode. Actually all the stove operating parameters can be adjusted, but carefull, you can really screw-up the stove. First, enter the "View Settings" menu, and record al the PR (parameter) values that your stove is currently programmed with. There should be 48 parameters. PR6 is the auger motor ON-Time (in seconds) for the P1 power level, and PR18 is the RPM of the combustion fan for the P1 power level. Both parameters should be adjusted proportionatly (example, halfing the pellet feed rate should require half the combustion air flow). The View Settings menus is "safe", it is read-only, you can't alter any settings. To alter these parameters, you need to enter the password protected "Default Settings" menu. Do not enter the "Data Bank" menu....there is NO technical documentation availible that describes what this menu is about......you don't want to fool with that. Check your Private Conversation feature of this forum, for further info.
just checked you should have mail

Below is a discussion I had with another forum member about the amount of pellets the Elena model (48,000 BTU max, 68 lb hopper capacity) uses when it is running in its lowest power state (P1) :

According to the stove literature, the minimum P1 stove power is supposed to be 8500 BTU, which would consume 1.1 lbs of pellets per hour ( one pound of pellets is about 8000 BTU) : then a 40lb bag would last 36 hours, which clearly is not what our stoves do.
When you look at the Parameters, PR6 thru PR10 are the pellet auger motor ON times (in seconds), PR6 for Power P1, thru PR10 for power P5. I noticed that PR6 is only half of the maximum feed PR10, which leads me to believe that the P1 power state is more like half of the rated max power (48000 BTU) of the stove, which is 24000 BTU, which would consume 3 lbs of pellets per hour, and then a 40 lb bag would only last 13 hours, which is consistent with the operation of our stoves. For some reason Ecoteck programmed the minimum stove power much higher than what they advertise, probably for a good technical reason. I think maybe these stoves don’t burn as well at such a reduced power level, as I noticed my stove is much dirtier if it burns a long time at P1, when its in the Modulate Work mode. If you fill the hopper to the top, which is 68 lbs of pellets, the stove would burn for almost 23 hours at P1.

ok so now the glass is full of soot, guess i should know down the blower speed a bit for power 1.

so far with the reduced pellet feed rate on Power 1 to .6 and the fan speed at 1400 there is still soot, but the pellets last almost 2 days. still playing with the fan speed on power 1. i have noticed that the fan will shut off in P1 if its been there for a while even with the pellets still burning then start again a little while later, i am guessing a low temp was reached.

Been reading with great interest these post on the Ravelli stoves. Installed my Monica in Oct and enjoying it and loveing the savings on the oil bill. I have felt that the stove has been feeding too much pellets into the burn pot and tried to change the settings with the instructions in the owners manual to no avail. Did contact stove shop for help. They e-mail setting recommendations but no luck getting the access code to work. Will try new approach after reading these post, hope that works.

so far after a few minor adjustments, and some new pellets, independent, its been burning great.

Monica ran great for weeks until New Years weekend. Had glass get completely covered in soot to point could not tell if there was a flame behind it. Could not decide if it was the NEWP mix or with the holidays my cleaning sch changed. Did a complete clean and vac and went back to Cubex. Much better now although if running for more than 8hrs it starts to build up hard ash in the burn pot. If I do not clean before bed I come done to an overflowing burn pot in the morning. Have you tried increasing the cleaning cycle on your stove?

havent thought of adjusting the clean cycle, i tried 2 bags of the independent and hardly any soot build up on the glass. if i ran 2 bags of the lignetics the glass would be frosted. now trying 2 bag of hammers to see how they do. thinking i might mix the lign with the independent and see how that works.

i left them all the factor setting except for Power 1. i lowered the feed rate to .6 and the exhaust fan to 1500. i also lowered the blower fan to 120.

I increased the cleaning cycle to every 45mins and length by 5secs. Also lowered feed setting on power settings 1, 3,& 5 by .3 each and exhaust fan by 50rpms in each setting. Ran for 9hrs last night with very little ash in burn pot this morning. Promising. Local TSC out of NEWP 100% hardwood, going to try Insant Heat 100% hardwood. Save $70 a ton over Cubex if they work good.

Status
Not open for further replies.